As your Draper expert I can provide the latest housing market statistics, help you sell you home, or find a home to purchase.
Since I do so much in Draper I also know about the great things going on. Here are some of the funnest things going on in Draper this month.
Boondocks Fun Center: Boondocks is a great place for a variety of entertainment including MaxFlight simulator, XD Theater, Laser Tag, and a large arcade floor. Enjoy Token Madness during the month of November where you can get $40 worth of tokens for only $20.
Draper Library: There are a lot of free and educational activities at the Draper Library. Click here to see their master calendar for all events and descriptions.
- Read to the Dogs – November 15th from 10:30 – 11:30 am spend a fun time reading to one of the gentle and well trained R.E.A.D. dogs from Intermountain Therapy Animals.
- Ready, Set Move – November 17th and 24th 10:30 – 11:00 AM – Fun program filled with music and movement for preschool children 3-5 (with a parent or caregiver).
- Fun Ficks – November 17th 7:00 PM – 8:45 PM – Great event for families to come watch Maleficent (Rated PG). Bring a pillow & blanket.
- Gobble, Gobble, Giggle Storytime – November 18th, 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM – Get ready for Thanksgiving with a fun storytime full of stories, activities and a craft. Ages 2½ to 5.
- Great Reads for Little Sisters – November 18, 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM – Monthly Book club for girls 6-8 (accompanied by an adult). Book for November is Ivy and Bean by Annie Barrows.
- Play and Pretend – November 19, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Open play session with toys and activities for Toddler – preschool aged children.
- Mother/Daughter Book Group – November 19, 7:00 – 8:00 PM – For girls 8-12 with mom or other caring adult. discussions, activities, friendship and fun. The book for November is Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath.
- Boys Book Group – November 21, 4:00 – 5:00 PM – For boys ages 7-11 only! Lots of fun with the Big Nate book series.
Utah Human Race: One of Utah’s largest 5K/10K events! This family-friendly race is held every year on Thanksgiving morning in conjunction with Utah Food Bank’s Holiday Food and Fund Drive. All proceeds benefit Utah Food Bank.
Utah College Application Week: November 17 – 21 – The Mayor and City Council encourage all Canyons District high school seniors to take advantage of Utah College Application Week and utilize the valuable assistance provided through this initiative to apply for higher learning.
2014 Winter Triathalon Registration: Thru December 1, Swimming & Biking event December 1 – 12, and running 10K December 13th. This is a unique event to give you a fitness challenge going into the winter months and burn off some of those post Thanksgiving calories. Between December 1 – 12 you schedule two appointments. The first is to swim 1750 yards (1 mile) at Draper Pool. The second is to bike 25 miles on a Computrainer at Balanced Art Multisport. TriUtah staff will record your times and combine them in preparation for the final event, a 10k run on December 13th at Draper City Park. Times will be totaled and winners awarded after the 10k.
Broadway Family Favorites 2015 Auditions: November 19 & 20 6:30-8:30 pm at the Draper Amphitheater. Casting for Ages 6 – Adult. Callbacks Saturday November 22 from 9-noon. Rehearsals begin January 5 and run through February. Show will run February 26 – 28th and March 2nd at Corner Canyon High School.
Early December Events
Tree Lighting Ceremony: December 1, 6 PM at Draper Park, kick off the holiday season with musical performances, hayrides, and refreshments.
Santa at the Sorensen Home: – December 6 & 13th at the Historic Sorensen Home. (900 East 12597 South) help decorate and get a professional 5×7 photo with Santa.
The Candy Cane Hunt: December 15, 4:00 PM at Draper Park. Free for 3-6 year olds, candy canes will be hidden in the park. “special” canes can be redeemed for a holiday toy. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be there for photos.