Have you ever watched a scary movie and thought to yourself: “Wow that was a nice house, I’d really like to live there.” Okay, probably not, but when you take away the creaking doors, the howling ghosts, and mischievous poltergeists, many haunted houses are quite lovely.
Here are 8 beautiful homes that happen to be haunted. Which one would you want to live in?
Gothic Mansion (Edward Scissor Hands)
- immaculate ice-sculptures and bushes
- fully automated cookie-making machine
The Overlook Hotel (The Shining)
- Full bar
- Stocked pantries
- Sellers to include carpet cleaning allowance (roaming blood usually gets off on the second floor)
- Personalized and oversized, easy to use, axe-carved peep-hole for extra security
Country Manor (The Others)
- extensive window coverings throughout to protect the photo-sensitive
666 Hill House Lane (The Haunting)
Young heir seeks new owners to restore this family mansion to its former glory. Concerned about the environment? The walls of this home are intentionally angled so door close on their own. Originally built in the 1800’s by a devoted family man in a quiet and secluded country location. Interior has meticulously hand-carved cherubic railings that are so life-like you’ll think you can see them move.
- Large fireplace where you can get ahead on all your work
- Canopy bed
- Servant’s quarters – currently vacant
- Greenhouse with family sculpture (custom personalized statue available upon request)
585 Cuesta Verde (Poltergeist)
- HOA covers 24-hour uninterrupted cable TV access
- Quaint clown-themed children’s bedroom for the kiddies
398 Bavarian Drive (Paranormal Activity)
This two-story house in a suburban community is perfect for a young couple. The house is fully furnished, and includes a modern living room-set. House is wired for a home security system (some repairs needed) so you can sleep in peace. Features large master bedroom, large bathroom, plenty of storage space in the attic for treasured possessions and photos. Prospective buyers are encouraged to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- black leather sofa, chairs, and coffee table (slightly singed)
- Home security cameras with plenty of storage
1471 East Cornith (Beetlejuice)
- ‘Free’ zombie Master of Ceremonies to entertain your guests. Simply say “Beetlejuice” three times for a free demonstration
- Convenient portal to the plains of Saturn
Whipstaff Manor (Casper)
- Lazarus device stored in underground laboratory
- Un-patented and forgotten inventions